Tuesday 19 June 2012

The Scarecrow Trail

I love the scarecrow trail.  Unfortunately I only found out when it was on a month before the actual weekend and by then I had already booked the weekend away, which was a real shame and I would have loved to have made a scarecrow and everything.  As it was, all I saw of it was when we drove through the village as we went away and returned.  I noticed they had the usual policeman scarecrow with speed camera at one end of the village, which they have every year, but they didn't have the other policeman at the other end of the village.  I wonder what happened to him.  I have noticed that scarecrow trails have been popping up all over the country and I wonder if they got the idea from Weston or vice versa?  I don't see so many scarecrows in farmers fields tho, and when I do it's usually earlier on in the year when seeds have just been planted and they are usually a bin bag on a stick and if they've really made the effort there might be a tin can on top.  Quite a contrast to this, for example:-
Here someone has obviously but a lot of time and effort into making the scarecrow into a deep sea diver.  And just from what I've seen from the main road through Weston, other people have made a similar effort.  In my opinion, farmers should follow the example set by scarecrow trails and make more interesting scarecrows.  If the don't have time, they could perhaps borrow them from the scarecrow trail.  After all, what do people do with these things after the scarecrow trail is finished?

No comments:

Post a Comment