Tuesday 25 June 2013

Aston woods continued...

Not so long ago I noticed this sign had appeared in the woods.

Apparently the reason for this is that someone has been coming into the woods with a chainsaw and cutting down trees.  I hope the sign puts whoever is doing this off.

Aston woods are beautiful and I could probably write a whole blog about how they change over the year.  I saw one of these nostalgia posts on facebook about how, in the past, kids used to play in the woods instead of on computer games all the time.  Well in our village kids do have video games but they also do play in the woods.   I've seen dens built in the woods and there's also a bmx track. That gets a lot of use.


Red campion in Aston woods
The bluebells are gone now but they've been replaced by foxgloves and  red campions.  The picture doesn't do the colours justice.  They are much more pink in real life.


No comments:

Post a Comment