Sunday 22 April 2012

Weston School Hi 5 celebration

Saturday was also the day Weston School had it's celebration of the new school being open for 5 years.  I remember 5 years ago walking from the old school to the new one on the first day of the new school.  It was chucking it down with rain when we walked from the old school to the new one whilst singing.  5 years later we went to the new school for the celebration and it was raining again.  They had a stage set up in the main hall where children could perform and lots of displays of things the children had done and photos all around the school.  It was a fairly informal affair, people could wander between the performances and the displays as they wish.  The performances were children playing musical instruments, dancing, telling jokes, singing, a puppet show amongst others.  They were all good, and as the head teacher said in her speech, every child is precious.  A group of the year 5 and 6 girls did a dance and that really stood out for me, and of course my daughter and her friends playing guitar was brilliant in my completely biased opinion.  The school governers put on some free refreshments.  They did drinks and tonnes of tasty homemade cakes.  The kids were all having about 3 each and there was still plenty left over.  It was really hard to limit myself from eating loads but I found sitting at the opposite end of the hall worked quite well as I didn't feel like getting up after spending more or less 4 hours on my feet doing the yard sale.  The event was newsworthy enough for the Derby Evening Telegraph to be there taking photos so I'll be sure to be looking out for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment