Sunday 22 April 2012

Yard Sale

Events to write about here have been like buses lately.  There hasn't been much for a while, then on Saturday we had 3 in one day.  First was the yard sale.  It's like a day where lots of people have yard sales all around the village and recreation in Aston sell maps of the village to show people where they all are.  When I booked the pitch the organiser warned me that traders come round before the sale starts to cream off the good stuff before it opens.  We were told not to set up too early so that it gives people from the village a fair chance at the bargains.  I started setting up at about 9.30 (sale started at 10) and sure enough a flurry of traders appeared before 10am.  One of them told me I'd left it a bit late to set up and started looking in my garage.  He was only interested in one thing, my son's drum kit, which wasn't for sale.  None of the traders wanted anything from my stall and I was quite worried that I wasn't going to sell anything.  We had a steady stream of customers throughout the duration of the sale and in the end we managed to get rid of a reasonable amount of stuff.  People were friendly and quite a few people chatted on their way through.  Quite a lot of people didn't understand the map.  It was a bad map through.  It showed all the wiggly streets as straight lines and didn't look anything like how they really are.  They should just print out a map of the village from google maps and copy it. Towards the end the people began to tail off, not many people were around after 1.30pm.  The best thing about it was the weather.  God must have been smiling down on us.  It was predicted to rain all day but it held off until it chucked it down at 2pm when the sale due to finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment